Let us inform you about the up-to-date Hungarian regulations related to travel and tourism.
Although circumstances have changed, our slogan has remained the same:
„Enjoy the hospitality!”
Our most important and everlasting mission remains the genuine care of our guests, which we are now implementing in response to the changed situation, with stricter safety measures than before.
Under the actual regulations laid down by the Hungarian Government, those foreign citizens may enter Hungary:
- who have a permanent or Hungarian residence permit for more than 90 days (in the case of the former, family members can also enter),
- athletes or sports professionals working in Hungary,
- employees of Hungarian cultural institutions,
- freight forwarders,
- persons on official visits,
- and all those who can prove that they have been infected with COVID-19 in the last six months.
Unrestricted business entry from abroad recorded as follows:
- 10 / B. § (1) If entry into Hungary is an activity for business or economic purposes, the fact of which is proved by a non-Hungarian citizen upon entry into the territory of Hungary, he may enter the territory of Hungary without restriction. „
- The business nature of the travel must be credibly proven by completing this Certificate.
Cultural events are subject to the same rules as sporting events:
- Spectators of international sports events and cultural events held in Hungary can only enter the country if they have a negative PCR test result, have a ticket to the event and undergo a health examination, and are obliged to leave the country within 72 hours of entry. A PCR test performed in a Schengen member state, as well as in the United States of America or in Canada will be accepted, the results of which will be certified by the relevant document in Hungarian or English. /422/2020, which entered into force on 5 September. (IX. 4.)/
These rules may change at short notice, so please be informed on the Government website and follow our information we share here related to up-to-date Hungarian Government regulations.