COVID-19 operating protocol
Let us inform you about the up-to-date Hungarian regulations related to travel and tourism.
Although circumstances have changed, our slogan has remained the same:
„Enjoy the hospitality!”
Our most important and everlasting mission remains the genuine care of our guests, which we are now implementing in response to the changed situation, with a stricter safety measures than before.
Current restrictions in Hungary:
- As of November 20, 2021, face mask must be worn indoors.
- Immunity certificates are no longer required at restaurants, accommodations, recreational facilities, cultural events, and performances with pre-booked seats.
- For services, it is mandatory to use a face mask if there are more than 5 people in a room on a regular basis.
- Only people who have immunity certificate can participate in events larger than 500 people.
You can enter Hungary by road, rail and waterway from Croatia, Austria, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine without any epidemiological restrictions, regardless of your nationality and coronavirus immunity, but you must have other general conditions for entry (e.g. a valid travel document). The following restrictions apply when entering by air.
In the case of entry by air, the following rules shall apply:
The designated border crossing points can be found on the website of the police (www.police.hu) under the border information menu item.
The following categories can enter Hungary without being subject to restrictions:
- those crossing the border in freight traffic,
- persons holding diplomatic or a diplomatic service passport or a service passport for seamen,
- persons reporting to entry holding a private passport or other travel document for the purpose of official visit (the purpose of official visit shall be proved with documents),
- those providing satisfactory proof while entering Hungary that they have undergone COVID-19 infection within 6 months prior to reporting to entry;
- those providing their protection against the COVID-19 while entering Hungary with valid immunity certificate (issued according to the 60/2021 Government Decree) with the travel document indicated on the immunity certificate, and a person under his/her supervision who enters Hungary with him/her and has not reached the age of eighteen;
- those providing their protection against the COVID-19 while entering Hungary with valid immunity certificate issued by a State specified by decree of the Minister responsible for foreign policy and a person under the age of 18 years under his/her supervision who enters Hungary along with him/her;
- who, by presenting an immunity card issued by a country listed in MFAT Decree No. 17/2021 (V. 22.) on the unilateral recognition of immunity certificates, certifies his/her COVID immunity and a person under the age of 18 years under his/her supervision who enters Hungary along with him/her;
- who certifies that SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus was not detectable in his/her body at the time of the study with a SARS-CoV-2 PCR test in Hungarian or English, which is not older than 72 hours, made in a country according to the 60/2021. (II. 12.) of the Government paragraph 3(2a) a)-i).
Verifying the COVID immunity with a certifying application corresponding the requirements laid down in Government Decree No. 60/2021 (II. 12.) on certifying COVID immunity is equivalent to presenting an immunity card. When certifying immunity with an application, the person concerned may be called upon to present an official document certifying his/her personal identity.
For more information:
4. FIA WTCR World Touring Car Cup on August 21-22:
Foreigners will be able to visit this event this summer with a negative COVID test performed within 72 hours. According to the latest decree, any non-Hungarian citizen with a valid ticket for this race will not be obliged to leave the country within 72 hours after entering Hungary, and will be regarded as an immunity certificate holder when visiting events, hotels, restaurants and leisure venues.
Please be aware that regulations can change in a very short notice, these informations can be outdated from one day to another, so please keep being informed through official government websites.